LESSON 11:THE HISTORIC SITES AND LANDMARKS RECOGNIZED BY THE NATIONAL HISTORICAL COMMISSION OF THE PHILIPPINES
1. What are the main functions or tasks of the NHCP?
· The NHCP is mandated to undertake research and publication of Philippine historical works; educational activities on historical events and personages; restoration, preservation and conservation of movable and immovable objects of historical value and implementation of the national historic act of the Philippines.
2. What historic sites recognized by the NHCP have you visited? What do they reveal about Our historical and/or cultural past?
· The national museum of the Philippines is an umbrella government organization that oversees a number of national museums in the Philippines including ethnographic anthropological archaeological and visual arts collection.
3. Have you been to the National Museum? What can you find in the National Museum Complex? If not, what educational museum have you visited tell your experience.
· I haven’t been go to any museum yet, but I want to go to the national museum and explore.
4. Why is visiting historic sites, shrines, landmarks, and museums important in the study of History? How has your previous experience of visiting a specific historic landmark or Museum helped you in the understanding of a historical fact or event?
· Museums and historic sites provide far more knowledge than what we may get on the internet or in many legitimate publications. Visiting historical locations can help us not only gain a better understanding of a certain historical event, but it can also allow us to interact with history in a way that is more localized and has a visceral connection to those who lived through it. We were able to learn about and discover their way of life in the past through them. Since I was a child, I’ve never visited any historical place or museum.
5. How can educational institutions help further in preservation of our history and culture?
· By keeping the historical events mark on our young country men. Educating them will lead to preservation of our history.