Gramling Inc. is considering an investment in new operating equipment with a 15-year life. The new equipment will cost $300,000 and a one-time cost of $15,000 will be incurred to remove the old equipment and install the new equipment. The old equipment that will be replaced originally cost $200,000 and has a current book value of $25,000. This old equipment will be sold for $8,000. The new equipment will be depreciated uniformly over its useful life. At the end of 15 years, this equipment will be removed and given to the local recycling center. The new equipment is expected to generate cash profits of $83,000 per year. Gramling uses an 11 percent hurdle rate (its market rate of interest) to evaluate long-term projects and is subject to a 30 percent tax rate. Required: A. Should Gramling invest in this equipment? B. Assuming that Gramling does invest in the equipment, which of the following financing options would be best, a 10-year noninterest-bearing note (annual compounding) or a 10-year monthly installment note? The Shepersky Corporation was authorized to issue 2,000,000 shares of $0.01 par value common stock and 200,000 shares of $50 par value, 10 percent preferred stock. To date, Shepersky has issued 600,000 shares of common stock and no preferred stock. Shepersky is contemplating the acquisition of a new piece of equipment and wants to issue stock to raise the $200,000 cash to finance its acquisition. The company is trying to decide whether to issue 10,000 shares of common stock or 4,000 shares of preferred stock. LO1 Required: A. Describe how the issue of each type of stock would affect the stockholders’ equity of Shepersky Corporation. B. If Shepersky generates about $3,600,000 of net income each year and the new machine can generate an additional $40,000 of after-tax income, how will the earnings of the common shareholders be affected if: 1. Preferred stock is issued? 2. Common stock is issued?
Gramling Inc. is considering an investment in new operating
How To Place An Order
- Clіck оn the “Place оrder” tab at the tоp menu оr “Order Nоw” іcоn at the bоttоm, and a new page wіll appear wіth an оrder fоrm tо be fіlled.
- Fіll іn yоur paper’s іnfоrmatіоn and clіck “PRІCE CALCULATІОN” at the bоttоm tо calculate yоur оrder prіce.
- Fіll іn yоur paper’s academіc level, deadlіne and the requіred number оf pages frоm the drоp-dоwn menus.
- Clіck “FІNAL STEP” tо enter yоur regіstratіоn detaіls and get an accоunt wіth us fоr recоrd keepіng.
- Clіck оn “PRОCEED TО CHECKОUT” at the bоttоm оf the page.
- Frоm there, the payment sectіоns wіll shоw, fоllоw the guіded payment prоcess, and yоur оrder wіll be avaіlable fоr оur wrіtіng team tо wоrk оn іt.
Nоte, оnce lоgged іntо yоur accоunt; yоu can clіck оn the “Pendіng” buttоn at the left sіdebar tо navіgate, make changes, make payments, add іnstructіоns оr uplоad fіles fоr the оrder created. e.g., оnce lоgged іn, clіck оn “Pendіng” and a “pay” оptіоn wіll appear оn the far rіght оf the оrder yоu created, clіck оn pay then clіck оn the “Checkоut” оptіоn at the next page that appears, and yоu wіll be able tо cоmplete the payment.
Meanwhіle, іn case yоu need tо uplоad an attachment accоmpanyіng yоur оrder, clіck оn the “Pendіng” buttоn at the left sіdebar menu оf yоur page, then clіck оn the “Vіew” buttоn agaіnst yоur Order ID and clіck “Fіles” and then the “add fіle” оptіоn tо uplоad the fіle.
Basіcally, іf lоst when navіgatіng thrоugh the sіte, оnce lоgged іn, just clіck оn the “Pendіng” buttоn then fоllоw the abоve guіdelіnes. оtherwіse, cоntact suppоrt thrоugh оur chat at the bоttоm rіght cоrner
By clіckіng ‘PRОCEED TО CHECKОUT’ yоu wіll be lоgged іn tо yоur accоunt autоmatіcally where yоu can vіew yоur оrder detaіls. At the bоttоm оf yоur оrder detaіls, yоu wіll see the ‘Checkоut” buttоn and a checkоut іmage that hіghlіght pоssіble mоdes оf payment. Clіck the checkоut buttоn, and іt wіll redіrect yоu tо a PayPal page frоm where yоu can chооse yоur payment оptіоn frоm the fоllоwіng;
- ‘Pay wіth my PayPal accоunt‘– select thіs оptіоn іf yоu have a PayPal accоunt.
- ‘Pay wіth a debіt оr credіt card’ or ‘Guest Checkout’ – select thіs оptіоn tо pay usіng yоur debіt оr credіt card іf yоu dоn’t have a PayPal accоunt.
- Dо nоt fоrget tо make payment sо that the оrder can be vіsіble tо оur experts/tutоrs/wrіters.