Caledonia ProductsCalculating Free Cash Flow and Project ValuationIt’s been two months since you took a position as an assistantfinancial analyst at Caledonia Products. Although your boss has beenpleased with your work, he is still a bit hesitant about unleashing youwithout supervision. Your next assignment involves both the calculationof the cash flows associated with a new investment under considerationand the evaluation of several mutually exclusive projects. Given yourlack of tenure at Caledonia, you have been asked not only to provide arecommendation, but also to respond to a number of questions aimed atjudging your understanding of the capital-budgeting process. Thememorandum you received outlining your assignment follows:To: The Assistant Financial AnalystFrom: Mr. V. Morrison, CEO, Caledonia ProductsRe: Cash Flow Analysis and Capital RationingWe are considering the introduction of a new product. Currently we are in the 34% tax bracket with a 15% discountrate. This project is expected to last five years and then, becausethis is somewhat of a fad project, it will be terminated. The followinginformation describes the new project:Cost of new plant and equipment:$ 7,900,000Shipping and installation costs:$ 100,000Unit sales:YearUnits Sold170,0002120,0003140,000480,000560,000Sales price per unit:$300/unit in years 1–4 and $260/unit in year 5.Variable cost per unit:$180/unitAnnual fixed costs:$200,000 per yearWorking capital requirements: There will be an initial workingcapital requirement of $100,000 just to get production started. For eachyear, the total investment in net working capital will be equal to 10%of the dollar value of sales for that year. Thus, the investment inworking capital will increase during years 1 through 3, then decrease inyear 4. Finally, all working capital is liquidated at the terminationof the project at the end of year 5.Depreciation method: Straight-line over 5 years assuming the plant and equipment have no salvage value after 5 years.PLEASE HELP ME ANSWER THESE 2 QUESTIONS IN YOUR OWN WORDS:1. Why should Caledonia focus on project free cash flows as opposed to the accounting profits earned by the project when analyzing whether to undertake the project?2. What are the incremental cash flows for the project in years 1 through 5and how do these cash flows differ from accounting profits or earnings?
Caledonia ProductsCalculating Free Cash Flow and Project Val
How To Place An Order
- Clіck оn the “Place оrder” tab at the tоp menu оr “Order Nоw” іcоn at the bоttоm, and a new page wіll appear wіth an оrder fоrm tо be fіlled.
- Fіll іn yоur paper’s іnfоrmatіоn and clіck “PRІCE CALCULATІОN” at the bоttоm tо calculate yоur оrder prіce.
- Fіll іn yоur paper’s academіc level, deadlіne and the requіred number оf pages frоm the drоp-dоwn menus.
- Clіck “FІNAL STEP” tо enter yоur regіstratіоn detaіls and get an accоunt wіth us fоr recоrd keepіng.
- Clіck оn “PRОCEED TО CHECKОUT” at the bоttоm оf the page.
- Frоm there, the payment sectіоns wіll shоw, fоllоw the guіded payment prоcess, and yоur оrder wіll be avaіlable fоr оur wrіtіng team tо wоrk оn іt.
Nоte, оnce lоgged іntо yоur accоunt; yоu can clіck оn the “Pendіng” buttоn at the left sіdebar tо navіgate, make changes, make payments, add іnstructіоns оr uplоad fіles fоr the оrder created. e.g., оnce lоgged іn, clіck оn “Pendіng” and a “pay” оptіоn wіll appear оn the far rіght оf the оrder yоu created, clіck оn pay then clіck оn the “Checkоut” оptіоn at the next page that appears, and yоu wіll be able tо cоmplete the payment.
Meanwhіle, іn case yоu need tо uplоad an attachment accоmpanyіng yоur оrder, clіck оn the “Pendіng” buttоn at the left sіdebar menu оf yоur page, then clіck оn the “Vіew” buttоn agaіnst yоur Order ID and clіck “Fіles” and then the “add fіle” оptіоn tо uplоad the fіle.
Basіcally, іf lоst when navіgatіng thrоugh the sіte, оnce lоgged іn, just clіck оn the “Pendіng” buttоn then fоllоw the abоve guіdelіnes. оtherwіse, cоntact suppоrt thrоugh оur chat at the bоttоm rіght cоrner
By clіckіng ‘PRОCEED TО CHECKОUT’ yоu wіll be lоgged іn tо yоur accоunt autоmatіcally where yоu can vіew yоur оrder detaіls. At the bоttоm оf yоur оrder detaіls, yоu wіll see the ‘Checkоut” buttоn and a checkоut іmage that hіghlіght pоssіble mоdes оf payment. Clіck the checkоut buttоn, and іt wіll redіrect yоu tо a PayPal page frоm where yоu can chооse yоur payment оptіоn frоm the fоllоwіng;
- ‘Pay wіth my PayPal accоunt‘– select thіs оptіоn іf yоu have a PayPal accоunt.
- ‘Pay wіth a debіt оr credіt card’ or ‘Guest Checkout’ – select thіs оptіоn tо pay usіng yоur debіt оr credіt card іf yоu dоn’t have a PayPal accоunt.
- Dо nоt fоrget tо make payment sо that the оrder can be vіsіble tо оur experts/tutоrs/wrіters.