1. Which of the following are legal and acceptable reasons for the high level of merger activity in the U.S. during the 1980s? a. Synergistic benefits arising from mergers. b. A profitable firm acquires a firm with large accumulated tax losses that my be carried forward. c. Attempts to stabilize earnings by diversifying. d. Purchase of assets below their replacement costs. e. Reduction in competition resulting from mergers.2. Which of the following statements about valuing a firm using the APV approach is most CORRECT? a. The value of operations is calculated by discounting the horizon value, the tax shields, and the free cash flows at the cost of equity. b. The value of equity is calculated by discounting the horizon value, the tax shields, and the free cash flows at the cost of equity. c. The value of operations is calculated by discounting the horizon value, the tax shields, and the free cash flows before the horizon date at the unlevered cost of equity. d. The value of equity is calculated by discounting the horizon value and the free cash flows at the cost of equity. e. The APV approach stands for the accounting pre-valuation approach.3. Which of the following statements is most CORRECT? a. If a company that produces military equipment merges with a company that manages a chain of motels, this is an example of a horizontal merger. b. A defensive merger is one where the firm’s managers decide to merge with another firm to avoid or lessen the possibility of being acquired through a hostile takeover. c. Acquiring firms send a signal that their stock is undervalued if they choose to use stock to pay for the acquisition. d. Cash payments are used in takeovers but never in mergers. e. Managers often are fired in takeovers, but never in mergers.4. Blazer Inc. is thinking of acquiring Laker Company. Blazer expects Laker’s NOPAT to be $9 million the first year, with no net new investment in operating capital and no interest expense. For the second year, Laker is expected to have NOPAT of $25 million and interest expense of $5 million. Also, in the second year only, Laker will need $10 million of net new investment in operating capital. Laker’s marginal tax rate is 40%. After the second year, the free cash flows and the tax shields from Laker to Blazer will both grow at a constant rate of 4%. Blazer has determined that Laker’s cost of equity is 17.5%, and Laker currently has no debt outstanding. Assume that all cash flows occur at the end of the year, Blazer must pay $45 million to acquire Laker. What it the NPV of the proposed acquisition? Note that you must first calculate the value to Blazer of Laker’s equity.a. $ 45.0 million b. $ 68.2 million c. $ 86.5 million d. $113.2 million e. $133.0 million5. Brau Auto, a national autoparts chain, is considering purchasing a smaller chain, South Georgia Parts (SGP). Brau’s analysts project that the merger will result in the following incremental free cash flows, tax shields, and horizon values: Year 1 2 3 4 Free cash flow $1 $3 $3 $7 Unlevered horizon value 75 Tax shield 1 1 2 3 Horizon value of tax shield 32 Assume that all cash flows occur at the end of the year. SGP is currently financed with 30% debt at a rate of 10%. The acquisition would be made immediately, and if it is undertaken, SGP would retain its current $15 million of debt and issue enough new debt to continue at the 30% target level. The interest rate would remain the same. SGP’s pre-merger beta is 2.0, and its post-merger tax rate would be 34%. The risk-free rate is 8% and the market risk premium is 4%. What is the value of SGP to Brau? a. $53.40 million b. $61.96 million c. $64.64 million d. $76.96 million e. $79.64 million
1. Which of the following are legal and acceptable reasons f
How To Place An Order
- Clіck оn the “Place оrder” tab at the tоp menu оr “Order Nоw” іcоn at the bоttоm, and a new page wіll appear wіth an оrder fоrm tо be fіlled.
- Fіll іn yоur paper’s іnfоrmatіоn and clіck “PRІCE CALCULATІОN” at the bоttоm tо calculate yоur оrder prіce.
- Fіll іn yоur paper’s academіc level, deadlіne and the requіred number оf pages frоm the drоp-dоwn menus.
- Clіck “FІNAL STEP” tо enter yоur regіstratіоn detaіls and get an accоunt wіth us fоr recоrd keepіng.
- Clіck оn “PRОCEED TО CHECKОUT” at the bоttоm оf the page.
- Frоm there, the payment sectіоns wіll shоw, fоllоw the guіded payment prоcess, and yоur оrder wіll be avaіlable fоr оur wrіtіng team tо wоrk оn іt.
Nоte, оnce lоgged іntо yоur accоunt; yоu can clіck оn the “Pendіng” buttоn at the left sіdebar tо navіgate, make changes, make payments, add іnstructіоns оr uplоad fіles fоr the оrder created. e.g., оnce lоgged іn, clіck оn “Pendіng” and a “pay” оptіоn wіll appear оn the far rіght оf the оrder yоu created, clіck оn pay then clіck оn the “Checkоut” оptіоn at the next page that appears, and yоu wіll be able tо cоmplete the payment.
Meanwhіle, іn case yоu need tо uplоad an attachment accоmpanyіng yоur оrder, clіck оn the “Pendіng” buttоn at the left sіdebar menu оf yоur page, then clіck оn the “Vіew” buttоn agaіnst yоur Order ID and clіck “Fіles” and then the “add fіle” оptіоn tо uplоad the fіle.
Basіcally, іf lоst when navіgatіng thrоugh the sіte, оnce lоgged іn, just clіck оn the “Pendіng” buttоn then fоllоw the abоve guіdelіnes. оtherwіse, cоntact suppоrt thrоugh оur chat at the bоttоm rіght cоrner
By clіckіng ‘PRОCEED TО CHECKОUT’ yоu wіll be lоgged іn tо yоur accоunt autоmatіcally where yоu can vіew yоur оrder detaіls. At the bоttоm оf yоur оrder detaіls, yоu wіll see the ‘Checkоut” buttоn and a checkоut іmage that hіghlіght pоssіble mоdes оf payment. Clіck the checkоut buttоn, and іt wіll redіrect yоu tо a PayPal page frоm where yоu can chооse yоur payment оptіоn frоm the fоllоwіng;
- ‘Pay wіth my PayPal accоunt‘– select thіs оptіоn іf yоu have a PayPal accоunt.
- ‘Pay wіth a debіt оr credіt card’ or ‘Guest Checkout’ – select thіs оptіоn tо pay usіng yоur debіt оr credіt card іf yоu dоn’t have a PayPal accоunt.
- Dо nоt fоrget tо make payment sо that the оrder can be vіsіble tо оur experts/tutоrs/wrіters.