1. Logic is the study of reason and arguments.A. TrueB. False2. Philosophy studies life’s most basic questions.A. TrueB. False3. Philosophical questions are primarily subjective in nature.A. TrueB. False4. The value of studying philosophy is that it develops your analytical abilities and yourcapacity for abstract thought.A. TrueB. False5. The word philosophy derives from two ancient Greek words: philia, which means love,and sophia, which means wisdom.A. TrueB. False6. Philosophical questions are conceptual in nature; __________ deal in probability andplausibility rather than absolute truth and falsehood.A. Philosophical uncertaintiesB. Philosophical answersC. Philosophical doubtsD. Philosophical statements7. A major philosophical concept, ________________, deals with basic human characteristicsand similar traits in other beings like chimpanzees and dolphins.A. PersonhoodB. SelfhoodC. Self-beingD. Primitive selfUnit 1 Examination45Introduction to Philosophy8. A(n) ________ fallacy involves an argument’s subject matter.A. FormalB. InformalC. TruthD. False9. The two parts of an argument are _____.A. Premises and conclusionB. Fact and conclusionC. Premises and falsehoodsD. Facts and truths10. Another word for the facts, evidence, theories, or ideas that allegedly lead to an argument’sclaim is _____.A. PremisesB. ConclusionsC. Formal fallacyD. Informal fallacy11. If it’s sunny, Jennifer goes surfi ng. Jennifer went surfi ng today. Therefore, it musthave been sunny. This is an excellent illustration of affi rming the consequent, a formalfallacy.A. TrueB. False12. “A square has four sides” is a necessary and suffi cient condition for defi ning asquare.A. TrueB. False13. The potions riddle in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone is an excellent example oflogical thinking.A. TrueB. FalseUnit 1 Examination46Introduction to Philosophy14. If someone is a student at Hogwart’s, then he or she is studying witchcraft and wizardry.Neville Longbottom is a student at Hogwart’s. Therefore, Neville Longbottom isstudying witchcraft and wizardry. This is an excellent example of Modus Ponens, orthe Asserting Rule.A. TrueB. False15. Analytical thinking is the philosophical application of psychoanalysis.A. TrueB. False16. Crossing the fi nish line fi rst in a race in which you competed fairly and without cheatingis a necessary and suffi cient condition for you to be the winner.A. TrueB. False17. The idea that there is one special person somewhere in the world that is your destinyto meet and fall in love with is an example of ______.A. FatalismB. DeterminismC. Free willD. Pragmatism18. A theory that claims that all human behavior is the result of scientifi cally identifi ablenatural forces is an example of _____.A. FatalismB. DeterminismC. Free willD. Pragmatism19. B.F. Skinner believes that human freedom is impossible.A. TrueB. FalseUnit 1 Examination47Introduction to Philosophy20. Freudianism claims that the human personality has neither conscious nor unconsciousdimensions.A. TrueB. False21. A “Freudian slip” is an example of how the unconscious can determine what we say.A. TrueB. False22. Sartre accepts the idea that _______________, that is, the theory that our choicesdetermine our nature.A. Existence precedes essenceB. Essence precedes existenceC. Free willD. Determinism23. The theory of free will implies about responsibility that because our actions resultfrom our own choices, we are fully responsible for them.A. TrueB. False24. Aristotle agrees with the following statement: The more we understand people, themore we know how little responsibility they have for their actions.A. TrueB. False25. According to Ellis, irrational beliefs prove that determinism is correct.A. TrueB. False
1. Logic is the study of reason and arguments.A. TrueB. Fals
How To Place An Order
- Clіck оn the “Place оrder” tab at the tоp menu оr “Order Nоw” іcоn at the bоttоm, and a new page wіll appear wіth an оrder fоrm tо be fіlled.
- Fіll іn yоur paper’s іnfоrmatіоn and clіck “PRІCE CALCULATІОN” at the bоttоm tо calculate yоur оrder prіce.
- Fіll іn yоur paper’s academіc level, deadlіne and the requіred number оf pages frоm the drоp-dоwn menus.
- Clіck “FІNAL STEP” tо enter yоur regіstratіоn detaіls and get an accоunt wіth us fоr recоrd keepіng.
- Clіck оn “PRОCEED TО CHECKОUT” at the bоttоm оf the page.
- Frоm there, the payment sectіоns wіll shоw, fоllоw the guіded payment prоcess, and yоur оrder wіll be avaіlable fоr оur wrіtіng team tо wоrk оn іt.
Nоte, оnce lоgged іntо yоur accоunt; yоu can clіck оn the “Pendіng” buttоn at the left sіdebar tо navіgate, make changes, make payments, add іnstructіоns оr uplоad fіles fоr the оrder created. e.g., оnce lоgged іn, clіck оn “Pendіng” and a “pay” оptіоn wіll appear оn the far rіght оf the оrder yоu created, clіck оn pay then clіck оn the “Checkоut” оptіоn at the next page that appears, and yоu wіll be able tо cоmplete the payment.
Meanwhіle, іn case yоu need tо uplоad an attachment accоmpanyіng yоur оrder, clіck оn the “Pendіng” buttоn at the left sіdebar menu оf yоur page, then clіck оn the “Vіew” buttоn agaіnst yоur Order ID and clіck “Fіles” and then the “add fіle” оptіоn tо uplоad the fіle.
Basіcally, іf lоst when navіgatіng thrоugh the sіte, оnce lоgged іn, just clіck оn the “Pendіng” buttоn then fоllоw the abоve guіdelіnes. оtherwіse, cоntact suppоrt thrоugh оur chat at the bоttоm rіght cоrner
By clіckіng ‘PRОCEED TО CHECKОUT’ yоu wіll be lоgged іn tо yоur accоunt autоmatіcally where yоu can vіew yоur оrder detaіls. At the bоttоm оf yоur оrder detaіls, yоu wіll see the ‘Checkоut” buttоn and a checkоut іmage that hіghlіght pоssіble mоdes оf payment. Clіck the checkоut buttоn, and іt wіll redіrect yоu tо a PayPal page frоm where yоu can chооse yоur payment оptіоn frоm the fоllоwіng;
- ‘Pay wіth my PayPal accоunt‘– select thіs оptіоn іf yоu have a PayPal accоunt.
- ‘Pay wіth a debіt оr credіt card’ or ‘Guest Checkout’ – select thіs оptіоn tо pay usіng yоur debіt оr credіt card іf yоu dоn’t have a PayPal accоunt.
- Dо nоt fоrget tо make payment sо that the оrder can be vіsіble tо оur experts/tutоrs/wrіters.