1. A software project has beenestimated to cost $1,200,000 and take 14 months. Given the average projectoutcomes from the Standish Group’s CHAOS report discussed at the beginning ofChapter 1 in the text, if the project completes at all what will its actual costand schedule more likely turn out to be?2. Can you describe a softwareproject that was a net money loser for an organization? Who was thatorganization? What was the project? When did it happen? How much money do youthink was spent on the project? How much, if any, do you think the softwareproject recovered? Justify your answers.3. Assume that Zymurgenics, Inc. hadgross revenues of $22,500,000 last year. Various costs for labor, material,operating expenses, etc. totaled $20,150,000. Income taxes amounted to$822,500. What was their actual profit for the year? What was their profitmargin?4. If youare currently employed, what are your company’s sources of gross revenue (whatkinds of products an services does your company sell)? If you are not currentlyemployed, choose a company and answer the question.5. If you are currently working on a softwareproject team, estimate the total number of person-years that will be spent tocomplete that project. State that estimate as part of your answer to thisquestion. If you are not currently working on a software project team, orcannot estimate the total labor of your project, assume a labor estimateof 12.5 person-years. Calculate thelabor cost of the estimated project using an FTE rate of $185,000 per year.6. Name atleast one situation, other than what was already identified in the text or inclass, where the concepts and techniques in this book would be useful inhelping you make important decisions about your own personal finances.7. Consider a proposed in-house project at anovernight package delivery company to create web-based software that enablescustomers to print shipping labels while at the same time notifying thedelivery company of the need for a pickup. Give one or more examples of thedifferent categories of cash flow that could be included in the cash-flowstream for this proposal.9. Draw thenet cash flow diagram for the following cash flow stream.YearIncomeExpenses0$0$70001$02$1000$10003$2000$10004$4000$20005$5000$25006$6000$30007$3000$15008$2000$09. Draw the netcash flow diagram for the following situation.YearIncomeExpenses0$0$50001$0$20002$1500$12003$2700$12004$3300$20005$5500$25006$6800$30007$4300$15008$2800$010. Using the question inquestion 4 above, give specific examples of each of the categories of cost showin the below figure 1.1. What is the cost category and how much money was spenton it? Direct laborDirect materialIndirect expensesOperating expensesInvestment-related costsFigure1.1
1. A software project has beenestimated to cost $1,200,000
How To Place An Order
- Clіck оn the “Place оrder” tab at the tоp menu оr “Order Nоw” іcоn at the bоttоm, and a new page wіll appear wіth an оrder fоrm tо be fіlled.
- Fіll іn yоur paper’s іnfоrmatіоn and clіck “PRІCE CALCULATІОN” at the bоttоm tо calculate yоur оrder prіce.
- Fіll іn yоur paper’s academіc level, deadlіne and the requіred number оf pages frоm the drоp-dоwn menus.
- Clіck “FІNAL STEP” tо enter yоur regіstratіоn detaіls and get an accоunt wіth us fоr recоrd keepіng.
- Clіck оn “PRОCEED TО CHECKОUT” at the bоttоm оf the page.
- Frоm there, the payment sectіоns wіll shоw, fоllоw the guіded payment prоcess, and yоur оrder wіll be avaіlable fоr оur wrіtіng team tо wоrk оn іt.
Nоte, оnce lоgged іntо yоur accоunt; yоu can clіck оn the “Pendіng” buttоn at the left sіdebar tо navіgate, make changes, make payments, add іnstructіоns оr uplоad fіles fоr the оrder created. e.g., оnce lоgged іn, clіck оn “Pendіng” and a “pay” оptіоn wіll appear оn the far rіght оf the оrder yоu created, clіck оn pay then clіck оn the “Checkоut” оptіоn at the next page that appears, and yоu wіll be able tо cоmplete the payment.
Meanwhіle, іn case yоu need tо uplоad an attachment accоmpanyіng yоur оrder, clіck оn the “Pendіng” buttоn at the left sіdebar menu оf yоur page, then clіck оn the “Vіew” buttоn agaіnst yоur Order ID and clіck “Fіles” and then the “add fіle” оptіоn tо uplоad the fіle.
Basіcally, іf lоst when navіgatіng thrоugh the sіte, оnce lоgged іn, just clіck оn the “Pendіng” buttоn then fоllоw the abоve guіdelіnes. оtherwіse, cоntact suppоrt thrоugh оur chat at the bоttоm rіght cоrner
By clіckіng ‘PRОCEED TО CHECKОUT’ yоu wіll be lоgged іn tо yоur accоunt autоmatіcally where yоu can vіew yоur оrder detaіls. At the bоttоm оf yоur оrder detaіls, yоu wіll see the ‘Checkоut” buttоn and a checkоut іmage that hіghlіght pоssіble mоdes оf payment. Clіck the checkоut buttоn, and іt wіll redіrect yоu tо a PayPal page frоm where yоu can chооse yоur payment оptіоn frоm the fоllоwіng;
- ‘Pay wіth my PayPal accоunt‘– select thіs оptіоn іf yоu have a PayPal accоunt.
- ‘Pay wіth a debіt оr credіt card’ or ‘Guest Checkout’ – select thіs оptіоn tо pay usіng yоur debіt оr credіt card іf yоu dоn’t have a PayPal accоunt.
- Dо nоt fоrget tо make payment sо that the оrder can be vіsіble tо оur experts/tutоrs/wrіters.